Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Portrait Photography in Sacramento California

Thank you for your interest in Sacramento photography. The whole California photography scene is immensely popular, and every city, town, or dirt road that ends somewhere habitable in the state likely has some kind of club or network of people who share an interest in photography.

My name is Eric Courtney. I have chosen to focus on the photography scene in the Sacramento area, yet I will someday share my experiences that fall outside of that realm. While I was born and raised in the Carmichael area of Sacramento County, I have spent the last 11 years living in Anchorage, Alaska. In October 2008, I made the drive back down the Alcan Highway, filling memory cards for my camera along the way, and found myself back home in California. Since my arrival, I have found myself immersed in a thriving photography scene. To be specific, the portrait photography scene. I have met more models and fellow photographers in the last seven months than the entire 11 years in Anchorage where I worked in the media industry (worked around photographers all the time). Since photography is a passion for me, I think I am going to stick around Sacramento for a while.

Some of the ways I have started to network in the Sacramento photography circles is to attend photography workshops and join online photography Meetup clubs. All niches of photography are well represented, but the portrait photography niche in Sacramento is where I am marketing my services. Using social networks such as Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and Model Mayhem also keep my name and work out in the open for all to see and take note for future projects. The higher quality of work you display on those sites, the more popular and sought after you become. I also try to join groups on social network sites that are regional based (i.e. Sacramento, Northern California, California, West Coast, etc.), that way you can put more effort into a workable and realistic marketing plan that is more concentrated to an area like Sacramento instead of trying to market yourself to the world from the beginning.

While the ring of my phone and email alerts are hardly deafening right now, I am looking forward to a prosperous and lucrative portrait photography business in Sacramento as I continue to participate in networking events and resources.

Stay tuned for my next article on post processing.

Keep snapping that shutter!

ThinkTunk.com

Recent Articles:

5 Easy Tips to Improve Portraits of Children
Camera Shy Subjects - The Art of Dealing with Photo Portrait Nightmares
Post Processing for Portrait Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment